Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Together for the long haul

For all of my growing up years and all the years since, my life has been greatly enriched by a Mom and Dad who have stuck together through thick and thin. I know that has taken commitment, patience, forgiveness and love (even when they didn’t feel like it), day after day, year after year….sixty-two of them. That’s endurance!

Here's a pictoral journey through the years.
In the beginning......





The wedding portrait:













Together in service to their country:









About 1975...I think I took this as part of a photography class.











-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Taken about 1993, with a 4x5 camera (the photographer stands under a dark cloth draped over the camera so as to see the image inverted on the glass on the back of the camera. The negative is actually 4"x5"). I was taking a class on large format photography.











Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary portrait (1996) taken by me in the portrait studio where I worked in Parma.










Another photo taken by me on
July 5, 2008 on the back porch of "home".







Happy Anniversary!



No comments: