Saturday, August 15, 2009

A sentimental "moment"

Scrolling through the couple hundred photos from my nephew's wedding stored on my computer, I stopped on one, that of my niece and three nephews all together again for the first time in quite a few years.

Though I had looked at it many times, this time I had one of those moments of mixed emotions. My heart swelled with pride, for all that they have become, for their fine character and achievements. I felt joy in remembering their growing up years. In my mind's eye I could see a slide show of many of the images I've made of them over the years and with each image I could remember the circumstances. Those memories are what make is seem like it was just yesterday.... Wasn't it just yesterday that Nate was reading his Sesame Street book, and here we are at his wedding, and how the years have flown by! Mixed in with all the other emotions is a deep sense of gratitude for who they are and the time I've had to spend with them.

Here is a moment captured some twenty years ago:

Standing: Melissa and Nathan, children of my older brother Bob and his wife June, and seated, Brian and Craig, children of my younger brother Dan and his wife Lyn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The four have certainly made us proud. Deb, thank you for sharing your photos over the years. I always looked forward to copies of photos whenever you came to visit.