.
Just the other day I was talking with someone about my penchant for writing so she asked what I write. I told her about my grant writing and also mentioned my blog with much of its focus on family stories and history. She said she had wished she had journaled more, especially since she had done a lot of world travel for her work. She was interested enough to ask me for the web address for my blog.
So that has more motivated to re-engage with my blog and regularly post. I think I will start out with posting some of the more memorable Facebook entries, especially the family memories I want to preserve.
Here's some explanation on the June 15, 2014 post:
Dad had an old recliner sitting just inside the garage bay. He enjoyed sitting there to rest from mowing or puttering in the yard. Other times he sat there just to be outside or to see who might pass by. When I went to visit I'd sit with him. It generally wasn't long before someone would come by and pull in the drive. I'm convinced that is part of what extended his life to nearly 95 years.
This is what I posted Father's Day 2014
Today with Dad, visiting with passers-by, Bill on his adapted tricycle that he pedals with his hands since he can't use his legs, Chris with his '48 International truck (just like Dad used to drive), and neighbor Loren on his Harley. Chris offered to give Dad a ride in his truck but he declined.



No comments:
Post a Comment