boys. I've never thought much about whatever significance there might be to the birth order. At some point the boys got their own room and I got mine. To this day my parents still refer to their room as "the boys' room."My brothers learned all about repairing and constructing things and they both are still very adept in this respect. I acquired a great number of domestic skills which have continued to serve me well. I sometimes helped my brothers with their neighborhood lawn mowing jobs but I'm not much into loud machinery and power tools.
While I’m sure we had the usual scraps that siblings have, they must have not been too serious as I don’t remember any of them. What I do recall is how my mother handled one particular situation. She had Bob and I washing a window, me on one side, Bob on the other. It wasn’t long before we were making faces at each other and giggling.
One of the greatest achievements anyone could ever attain is in successfully raising children. They both, along with their wives, my sisters-in-law, did a fine job is in this regard. You will hear more about my three nephews and niece as I have claimed bragging rights, perhaps because I’ve taken so many photos of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment