Even growing up with two brothers I never became a tomboy. I never fared too well in the family wrestling matches. I just was never much of a fighter. I think the wrestling started with a race to the couch after Sunday dinner. One of our earlier couches sustained a broken back leg and had to be propped up with blocks. Eventually after things settled down and Dad would stretch out on the couch, sometimes I would get to crawl in the "back seat" behind him. It felt so snug and secure in there!
The family wrestling tradition was passed on to my brothers' boys as is so evident in these photos. What amazes me is it always looks like they're having a blast. Whenever the 3 nephews got together it wouldn't be long before they would become a tangle of arms and legs. I'm not sure what to expect the next time they're together. The youngest is now in graduate school for civil engineering.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I sense a theme in your photographs, there is always one guy with the upper hand, even when he was younger. Must be a coincidence :)
I think I always had the upper hand even if it did not look like as I was the oldest and biggest. Although I do not think I can say that anymore. Love the pics. Good times.
Post a Comment